javascript:void(0)

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Graceful? Not so much

Here's another layout I made as part of my guest DT work for Scrapbooking from the Inside Out.  The monthly topic is "grace", so I did a page that talks about how sometimes I'm not very graceful. 


The journaling says:
What I lack in grace, I make up for in zeal and enthusiasm.  I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not the most coordinated person in the world. In fact, I’m downright clumsy at times. Robert affectionately calls me “Lucy” (as in ‘I Love Lucy’) because I often cause minor calamities. But as I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to embrace the silly, uncoordinated me. I’m not afraid to let loose and dance, jump and be playful. 

I also made a card with products from the GRACE kit.  I associate the word "grace" with being gracious and showing gratitude.  I'm a big believer in saying a proper "thank you" for acts of kindness bestowed upon us by others.  Often a verbal "thank you" or a "thank you" email will suffice, but I think sometimes it's nice to send a written thank you -- even better -- in a handmade card.   My mom does SO MUCH for me and my family.  Her love and generosity go above and beyond.  Sometimes spoken words just aren't enough to express my gratitude to her.  So I made this thank you card for my mom to thank her for all she does and to tell her how much we love and appreciate her. 


I haven't given it to her yet, so hopefully she won't see this blog post before then. Shhhhhhhhhh . . .

7 comments:

Romy said...

Both your layout and your card are gorgeous! I love what you did with these papers. And I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who can be a bit clumsy at times;)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout and card design!!! Just beautiful!!! And, yes, I'm clumsy as well! :)

Lisa VanderVeen said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE THESE. You are amazing. XO

cvanholstein said...

Hi Stacy!
Great layout and I love the subject + journaling. My husband can be verrry clumsy verry often, so I'll start calling him Lucy! He will be so happy with his new nickname! LOL
xxx, C

BabyBokChoy said...

I dunnno, I recall you full of beauty and grace!!! Amazing work as always!

Unknown said...

These are amazing, Stacy! Amazing! Totally laughing at the "minor calamities." You have yet to set my house on fire. So it's all good! ;)

Tracee said...

These both have a lovely fresh feel to them & I have a duaghter who inherited the clumsy gene so you are definately not alone :) Tx