javascript:void(0)

Thursday, September 29, 2011

A PSA then on to our regularly scheduled programming . . .

Last Sunday I was rear-ended by a hit-and-run driver who had been drinking. Thank goodness my girls weren't in the car with me and thankfully nobody was injured.  But I was totally flabbergasted when she immediately drove off without stopping . . . and this with the front of her car completely bashed in and smoke billowing out from under her hood!!!  At that point it didn't even occur to me that she might have been drinking because it was during the day on a Sunday.  But I didn't want her to get away with it, so I followed her for almost two miles as she made left and right turns down different streets (which I assume was her panicked attempt to flee).   My husband likes to embellish the story and say that I engaged in a "low speed chase" through the streets of Los Angeles, but it was easy to safely keep up with her because she wasn't driving at a super high speed.  She was an older woman and her car clearly sustained a lot of damage, so I'm sure those two factors slowed her down a bit.  

I called 911, at which point she finally pulled over and got out of her car.  I immediately smelled the alcohol on her breath and could tell she was a bit impaired.  I did everything I could to stall her until the police got there, which wasn't for another 30-40 minutes. There's more to the story, but I won't bore you with all the details.  I'm just so relieved that my girls weren't in the car with me at the time and that she didn't harm anyone.  To the lady who rear-ended me: Please get some help so that you don't do this again and possibly cause serious harm to someone or yourself.   As I somberly told you at the scene: Luckily nobody was injured this time, but the next person you hit might not be so lucky.  My PSA for the day:  don't drink and drive!

Now back to our regulary scheduled programming . . .

Here's a Prima layout I made based on the September BAP:


I used Prima's bright and colorful Alla Prima line and mixed in a few bits of lace and other goodies from the last release.

On another happy note, today is Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year.   A few weeks ago I received a lovely email from Dafi Barilan, a sweet scrapper from Israel.  Dafi and her colleague, Rachel, have created a new line of Hebrew alpha stickers and sticker phrases that say "Shana Tova" for Rosh Hashanah. You can find them here:  http://mastikim.co.il/.  She was kind enough to send me some of these stickers to try out.   Here are a couple Rosh Hashanah cards I made:



The phrase sticker packages are great because you get the individual alphas on one sheet and the negative on the other side.  Great idea!  I don't know how to read Hebrew so I needed a little help with the stickers.  I'm embarrassed to admit that I initially put the Hebrew phrase upside down on both cards, but they are fixed now.  Oopsie.  Thank you, Dafi!  And Happy New Year!

Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Scrapthat said...

Oh my Stacy! I am so happy that no one was hurt!

Denise Price said...

Glad you are okay, but please be careful. I don't think I'd be brave enough to follow a hit-and-run driver that long. I think I'd just follow long enough to note the license plate number and car make & model, then let the police handle it.

I can't read Hebrew either, but I love your cards! How cool to have Hebrew alphas to play with. I wish I had cyrillic alphas. Someday. :)

Happy Rosh Hashana!

Denise Price said...

Oops, left off the final "h." What I meant was, "Happy Rosh Hashanah!"

Bellaidea said...

I`m do gledad you are ok!
D&D is bad, very bad!

Your layout is lovely!

מימס mimms said...

happy new year stacy!
love your "rosh hashana" cards
dafi's & rachel's alphas are the best
thing that the israeli scrapers got! :o))

Dafi said...

I love the cards Stacy. Thanks for the post and shanah tova!

Rachel said...

So glad you're OK...and shanah tovah! ;)

Keshet said...

What a scary experience Stacy! Glad you are ok. And shana tova:)

dreampatricia said...

beautiful i love your dies I am always looking for some hebrew scrap that's too hard to find.....