javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back to School

My girls went back to school a couple days ago.  While it's nice to have more time to get things done during the day, I will miss the lazy days of summer that I spent with my girls.  We had a wonderful time just hanging out and being together.  My favorite part of the summer was our morning routine.  The girls would wake up early and go quietly into our den and watch TV.  I would wake up shortly after them, and when I came into the den they would jump up off the couch and run to me yelling "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" and then they would give me a BIG 'good morning' hug.   They had a little competition every morning to see who could get to me and hug me first (hehehehe . . . sometimes it's nice to be fought over).   Then we would have a nice leisurely breakfast before venturing out for the day.  It was such a great way to start each day!

Here are a couple pictures from the first day of school:


Now that the girls are back in school, our morning routine is a little different.  We all wake up very early so that we can make it to the school bus stop on time.   One GREAT thing is that my girls are FINALLY in the same school this year.  Last year they were in two different elementary schools, and their often conflicting  schedules made for a very chaotic year.  Now that they are both on the same early start and late pick-up schedule, I have a couple extra hours during in the day.  And on days like today when my husband drives them to the bus stop, I get to stay in my pj's for a while.  Shhhhhhhhhh . . . don't tell anyone, but it's noon and I'm still wearing my pajamas and fuzzy slippers!!  I almost don't know what to do with myself now that I have extra time during the school day!  Luckily my job as an insurance agent affords me the luxury to work from home when I want to.  And the extra hours mean that I'll be able to do some scrapping during the day.    Woo hoo!

5 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

That layout is totally and utterly and entirely too unique!!!!

Staci Taylor said...

aww, your girls are so gorgeous, stacy! so glad they are in the same school this year - i remember how stressful that was for you last year! fantastic layout!

Keshet said...

That routine sound so sweet, Stacy!

Merian Candioli said...

Oh, I know what you are talking about. I miss Bella´s vacation, but to have a little extra time for us, is soooo good :)

We are getting out from winter season, and my pjs, were so confortable and warm.... :)))

One more thing: I can see your new post atualized, but when I got here, it´s still in this one. I hope you get your hard work back, honey.

XOXO

Christiane said...

congrats to your sweetie!!
fab, fab page!!
hugs