javascript:void(0)

Friday, August 27, 2010

A couple layouts to share . . .

I'm anxiously waiting for my nice postal lady to bring me all the new Lily Bee goodies from the recent CHA release, but in the meantime I've been playing around with some of the great collections from the last release.  I just adore Lily Bee's "Lovely" line . . . it's one of my all-time favorites.  The picture was taken on my birthday, and the journaling talks about how my birthdays with my girls are so much sweeter than any birthday's I ever had before becoming a mommy (not that those birthdays weren't fun too).  My girls are like icing on my birthday cake!

I learned this great little paper quilting technique from a tutorial by Davinie Fiero.  I used Pop-Art Pink and Ruby Shimmerz Spritz to color my handmade fabric flower. I painted the base of the cupcake with Chocolat Shimmerz paint. 

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over.  Though thanks to severe budget cuts in our local school district, my girls don't back to school for another couple of weeks.  Yay!!  Two more weeks of summer!  Going swimming at my parents' house is one of our regular summer activities.  I have a gazillion swimming pictures from the last 6 or 7 years.  The picture in this layout was taken in 2005 (I don't scrap chronologically, obviously).


I used a sheet of lace cardstock as a mask with Shimmerz Spritz and Vibez to create the background:

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Sue Jones said...

Totally Stunning as always Stacey :) I love the idea of using the lace card as a stencil, i have quite a few pieces that have not been used so may get them out again :)

Jocelyn said...

Love these Stacey......love the feel of the wave!!!! The quilting is lovely and now I have to check this out!!!

Enjoy your last few weeks with the family....Evan goes back to school on Monday and I am sad!!!! :-(

Amy said...

always enjoy your blog Stacy, beautiful pages :)

Davinie Fiero said...

It's gorgeous, Stacey! You do beautiful work. Thank you for the shoutout! I really appreciate it!

Norunn said...

Gorgeous! Love your colors, and that quilted detail...stunning! :)

Tone K. said...

Great pages !! Really pretty ! :o)
I love your small squares on the one in top ! :o)

Wish you a great weekend ! :o)

Olga Clemencia said...

hermosas felicitaciones

liana suwandi said...

you always create something beautiful stacey!

Suzzi said...

Wonderful layouts and you always inspire me. Love the folded circles and color blocking them. Great idea and thanks for sharing.

LollyChops said...

These are both awesome LOs! What is that little sun made from and what are the waves outlined in??? I love that!

I also adore your rolled flower! Great minds think alike is right! Big HUGS Stacy!

Keshet said...

These are just beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with the new Lily Bee goodies!

Christiane said...

my scrap-hero!!
no kidding!!