javascript:void(0)

Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy almost 4th of July!

The long 4th of July weekend is almost here.  We're looking forward to going swimming and having a barbecue at my parents' house on the 4th, and maybe we'll watch some fireworks at night.

Here's a little scrapbook share for the day.  This layout was published in the June issue of Scrapbooks, Etc.  It features pictures of my older daughter blowing bubbles in our backyard.  You might have seen the layout I posted a couple weeks ago here with photos of my younger daughter blowing bubbles (a couple posts down).  I gotta give my girls equal billing!
This layout was included in an article on creative uses for adhesive.  I used clear liquid adhesive and alcohol ink to create the bubbles:
Here's the technique:  I first painted a chipboard circle with gesso (white paint would be fine too). Then I coated it with clear dimensional adhesive (Diamond Glaze), and I immediately added a few drops of two colors of alcohol ink. I used a paintbrush to swirl the colors around until I got a marbled effect. I used different colors and amounts of alcohol ink on each bubble so that they were slightly different from one another (because no two bubbles are alike, right?  Or does that only apply to snowflakes?  But I digress).

On another note, I took the girls to the Los Angeles Zoo yesterday.  Here are a few of the highlights:

 
And a picture of my two little monkeys (as I affectionately call them):


For all of you in the US, have a wonderful 4th of July!!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Beautiful Job! Love the flow of the page and the papers you chose go very well together. Great Job!

Zarah said...

What an absolutely fantastic LO - and I love the photos too! :D

Jocelyn said...

Love this one...I just completed one that is very similar to this!!! LOVE THE colors and the pics!!!

Looks like a Fun time at the zoo...great pics!!!

Wishing you and your family a very Happy 4th of July!!!

Christiane said...

you know how much i LOVE al your work!! forever your fan!! ;))

Sarah Lou said...

The zoo looks like fun!!!! I wish i could find a place that sold etc over here, i found it once and never agian! i love love love those bubbles!!

Happy 4th of july!

iza said...

love the bubbles, great creation.i really like the design...

Adriana - DRIARTE said...

Beautiful!!! I love all of the details in your work. You are such an inspiration!!!

liana suwandi said...

Lovely layout, I saw this at ETC magazines! Happy 4th of July :)

Keshet said...

They are such sweet little girls--and I love the lo!

Rita Barakat said...

Great pics and effects!

Denni said...

ohgosh you have been busy! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!

And your daughters are just as beautiful!!