javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Thanksgiving is almost here! I'm doing something I've never done before: I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for my little family. I have to confess that I don't like to cook and I don't do it as often as I should. The thought of cooking a whole turkey is VERY intimidating to me, but I've been gathering tips and recipes for days now so I *think* I'm ready to jump in. My biggest fear is that I will undercook the turkey or do something to it that will give my family a stomach ache, so I'm being careful to follow all the thawing and cooking precautions. I think I've got that part figured out. What I'm not quite sure about is the actual recipe. I'm going to experiment with different spices and seasonings . . . kind of a mish mash of a couple different recipes and recommendations. I know I should probably follow one recipe my first time, but I figure that I'd throw caution to the wind! I have my fingers crossed, but just in case things don't go quite as planned, I'm keeping the phone number for the local pizza place close by.

If my turkey dinner doesn't go quite as planned, that's okay. Thanksgiving is more about family than it is about the food, and as long as I have my family with me, I'll be a happy camper. I am so thankful for my wonderful family. And I'm thankful that we have our health and a roof over our heads (knock on wood).

On this day of giving thanks, I also want to say thank you to all of you who come visit my blog. And thank you so much for the sweet comments. Your comments are much appreciated and they always brighten my day!! THANK YOU!!!!





If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope it's filled with lots of love and fun!

3 comments:

Paulien van den Bosch said...

oh wow Stacy, both cards are soooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

He hee..... good luck with the turkey

Márcia Elisa Ferraz said...

Stacy, just cook with love for who will be delighted with the food that will be fine. I'm not a great cook, but my husband always praises much what I do, because I always do with love. Good luck! Marcia

Sorelinha Arte em Papel said...

Stacy I love your blog! This cards are wonderfullllllllll! have a nice weekend!

Caroo kisses!