javascript:void(0)

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Happy Sunday!

It's been a nice relaxing day. We brought some new toys to the local fire station for their annual holiday toy drive. My husband and I do this with our girls every year, and (hopefully) it teaches our girls the spirit of helping out those less fortunate. This time we got an extra little surprise. The very nice firemen gave us a grand tour of the fire station, and they even let my daughters hop on and "drive" the firetruck. The firemen took the time to explain how things work and answered all of our (many) questions. I think my husband and I enjoyed it as much as our girls did!

And here's my little share for the day . . . a layout I made with the newest Pink Paislee papers. I just love these happy colors! I cut small circles of felt to make the embellishments, and I machine stitched around a large square of felt to make the main photo mat. I just love the soft texture of felt on my pages.

The journaling reads:
Yep, I’m cute and I know it. And let me tell you, I milk it for all it’s worth. Being adorable definitely has its benefits. All I have to do is open my beautiful eyes wide and flash my semi-toothless smile, and my mommy and daddy become putty in my hands. And if that doesn’t do the trick, I just utter a sweet little “mama” or “dada” and my wish is their command. If I keep this up, I’ll have my own pony by the time I’m two! Life is good.

Yes . . . life IS good. :)

5 comments:

denine zielinski said...

What a sweet page! Love the felt pieces!

Anonymous said...

this is way adorable! :)

-sarah

toomuchstuff said...

I love this page! The colrs are great!

Unknown said...

wow, I love the bright colors and sketch from this layout! great page!

Diva Scrapper said...

Beautiful layout..I love all the details. I feel a scraplift coming on, just need to change up the colors to suit a boy. I will definitely come back let you know once it's done.